Welcome to EMP’s Parent Council!
Our Next Parent Council Meetings are:
Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
All meetings are in the school Learning Commons from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
To contact the School Council Executive, email them at email@example.com
Parent Society Meetings follow the Parent Council Meetings from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
If you have any questions please contact the parent council at firstname.lastname@example.org
EVERYONE is WELCOME!!!!
Did you know that EMP’s Parent Council…
- is a great way to keep tabs on what’s happening in your child’s school?
- provides an opportunity to discuss issues affecting the school with the Principal and Vice-principal?
- is a great way to get to know other parents committed to their kids’ education?
Parent Society (aka Special Projects) is a charitable organization that works to raise funds for EMP initiatives...
- organizes the Fall Festival, Science Night, Art Night, Car Bingo, Hot Lunch, Family Ski Night, and creates the Memory Book (yearbook) and many more family-oriented events
- fundraises thousands of dollars for the school, and that the money goes towards enrichment activities such as Science Week as well as purchasing leveled reading books, outdoor play equipment and provides additional funding for sporting equipment, science, and arts
- sponsors committees that focus on enriching, supporting and improving EMP, such as Safety, Science Week, Religion, and many more
- holds regular meetings that are open to ALL parents, and that anyone can add to the agenda in advance and have a say in Council decisions
Want to make a difference? Come out to Parent Council or Parent Society (aka Special Projects)
|EMP Parent Council Executive||EMP Special Projects Executive|
|Chair||Jessica Shute O Connell||Lori BeerWart|
|Vice-Chair||Kim Ahing||Sarah Inglis|
|Secretary||Rachelle Cyr/Taylor Daum||Rebecca Anderson|
EMP SCHOOL COUNCIL - FAQ
What can your School Council do for you?
- Be in the know. Don’t miss out. Stay well-informed about what is going on at EMP.
- Find out about opportunities, upcoming events & other issues affecting our school.
- Learn about education – something in which we all have a stake.
- Meet the Principal and hear her informative reports to the Council.
- Hear guest speakers eg. Vice-Principal, Trustee, Students . . . etc.
- Meet other parents and show support to our school.
- Raise an issue for the Council to hear and consider.
What exactly is a School Council anyway?
School Councils are advisory bodies comprised of elected parents, community representatives, teachers, a school board Trustee and the school Principal and Vice-Principal. Through the active participation of parents, school councils work to support and enhance student learning. Parent Council may provide advice to the school principal and the school board in a variety of areas. Elections to become Council members take place in the first 30 days of each school year. Further information about School Councils can be obtained from http://www.albertaschoolcouncils.ca/ Everyone is welcome!